ALBERT

All Library Books, journals and Electronic Records Telegrafenberg

feed icon rss

Your email was sent successfully. Check your inbox.

An error occurred while sending the email. Please try again.

Proceed reservation?

Export
  • 1
    ISSN: 1573-9104
    Keywords: Anacardium occidentale ; high-yielding varieties ; chemical characterization
    Source: Springer Online Journal Archives 1860-2000
    Topics: Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery, Domestic Science, Nutrition
    Notes: Abstract Cashew apples and kernels from sixteen high-yielding varieties were chemically characterized. Protein, starch, amino acids and sodium contents in cashew kernels did not vary significantly among the high-yielding varieties. Reducing sugar content in the kernel was negligible compared to total sugar. Ascorbic acid, amino acid, phenol and tannin contents in cashew apple showed a significant variation among high-yielding varieties. Non-reducing sugar content in cashew apples was negligible. Varieties M 6/1, Bla 256-1, M 10/4 and M 44/3 appeared to be better for apple juice extraction because of their low tannin content. No varietal difference was noticed with respect to qualitative composition of sugars, organic acids and phenols.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Location Call Number Expected Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
  • 2
    ISSN: 1573-9104
    Keywords: Anacardium occidentale ; electrophoresis ; high-yielding varieties ; lysine content ; proteins
    Source: Springer Online Journal Archives 1860-2000
    Topics: Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery, Domestic Science, Nutrition
    Notes: Abstract Salts (NaCl and KCl) at 250 mM and alkali (NaOH and KOH) at 50 mM concentrations extracted proteins from defatted cashew kernel flour to an extent of 54 to 68 per cent and 80 per cent respectively. Electrophoresis of salt extracted proteins both under native and denatured conditions did not reveal any varietal difference. Zn2+ at 1 mM concentration specifically precipitated the slow moving fraction of cashew proteins. Defatted cashew kernel flour from varieties M 76/1 and Tr.273.Bla had highest (73.14 µg/mg proteins) and lowest (35.98 µg/mg protein) lysine contents respectively. Extraction of protein from defatted kernel flour at pH 4 was almost one-tenth compared to pH 10. Lysine content in protein extracted at pH 10 was highest (63.3 µg/mg protein) in variety M 6/1 and lowest (35.12 µg/mg protein) in variety Tr.56.Bla.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Location Call Number Expected Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
  • 3
    ISSN: 1573-9104
    Keywords: Anacardium occidentale L. ; fatty acids ; glycolipid ; high-yielding varieties ; neutral lipid ; phospholipid
    Source: Springer Online Journal Archives 1860-2000
    Topics: Agriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Fishery, Domestic Science, Nutrition
    Notes: Abstract Cashew kernel lipids from high-yielding varieties have been characterised. Neutral lipid accounted for 96% while glycolipid and phospholipid accounted for the remaining 4%. Triglycerides were very rich in unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic) while glycolipids were rich in saturated fatty acids (lauric and myristic). Varietal difference was noticed with respect to the composition of neutral and glycolipids. Composition of phospholipid did not differ among high-yielding varieties.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Location Call Number Expected Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
  • 4
    ISSN: 1618-2650
    Source: Springer Online Journal Archives 1860-2000
    Topics: Chemistry and Pharmacology
    Notes: Abstract An attempt has been made to prepare a Secondary Reference Material for heavy metals in milk powder. From fresh milk obtained locally, two batches of milk powder have been prepared by pasteurising, homogenising, evaporating and spray drying. One of the batches, treated as an experimental batch, was spiked before the preparation with lead, cadmium and arsenic solutions (imported BDH standards) at a level about 1 mg/kg. After spray drying, both batches were packed under nitrogen using a polyester-aluminium/polyethylene foil as inner pouch and an outer cover of metallised polyester/polyethylene as a supporting film. Preliminary data have been obtained for the concentrations of Pb, Cd and As in both batches using acid digestion and flame AAS and UV/Vis spectrophotometry.
    Type of Medium: Electronic Resource
    Location Call Number Expected Availability
    BibTip Others were also interested in ...
Close ⊗
This website uses cookies and the analysis tool Matomo. More information can be found here...